Breaking

शुक्रवार, १ एप्रिल, २०२२

MAGIC of LEARNING through ACTIVITY | Success story | Megha Kishor Londhe

 MAGIC of LEARNING through ACTIVITY

Hello Dear Reader…!!!

First of all, I would like to express my gratitude to the government for initiating the Tejas Project for Primary School Students and for giving me the golden opportunity to work as its TAG co-ordinator.

My name is Megha Kishor Londhe. I have been working on this project since September 2021 as TAG Coordinator. I consider myself very lucky to have had the opportunity to be an important part of the Tejas project.

Action speaks for itself and of course, I experienced that,

LEARNING IS NOT THE PRODUCT OF TEACHING,

LEARNING IS THE PRODUCT OF THE ACTIVITY OF LEARNER


I observed my fourth-grade students, who didn't like English as a subject. From students’ point of view, the English subject means that just write the spelling, do the lessons and sing the poem, they have never experienced the fun of speaking English or it is okay to say that their attempt failed but when I started a different method to teach English through English activities, my goal was to take a different turn and that was my real turning point.

As a teacher, I think from the bottom of my heart that my little ones must be able to speak English so that they do not fall behind. Because now-a-days English language is very popular in our society and it is necessary for the communication in commercial sectors.

I started the “Daily English Activity” in early January, 2022 but once again the COVID-19 situation broke down the activity. Schools started again at the end of January, 2022 and I started the activity again. I first taught a variety of funny and one joint ventures. I took different actions from them and practiced them again and again. So their vocabulary increased and they realized what action to say, they started using it other times when talking to me (quite funny), initially there were a lot of pronunciation problems but fluency gradually increased and I saw my implementation succeed.

After that, I did a lot of warming activities from the Students. The activities I did with the children introduced new words and specific actions, so the children started to know exactly which words to use in their daily life. I was getting very good response from the Students.

Then, I started playing funny games and activities like,

A.   Alphabet and Word.

B.    He is / She is

C.    Thouch the hankey.

D.   Ring master.

E.    Pass the ball, Tell the word.

F.     Magic Finger song.

       


It was fun for the children to learn English, but it also increased their enthusiasm and interest. The activity increased their concentration, I started drawing their attention towards learning.

These activities gave the students to experience of Teamwork, Leadership, Unity, Sense of co-operation as well as the co-ordination of their limbs through the activity.

The Students became so happy with the conversation that they found themselves in the role of the characters and began to speak English. Practicing a lot of action songs, colour songs, fruit songs, rhyming word songs from the students, they got knowledge of action related to words. Given the opportunity to act on their own, they learned how easy and convenient it is to learn to speak English through activities. Now my students voluntarily create group activities and enjoy the activities.

Along with these activities, I also started a project called “Small English Essay” For Example,

A.   The Flower

B.    The Bird

C.    The Sun

D.   The Lion

E.    The Tiger

This helped Students to learn how to use repeated words in sentences. From there the children began to practice writing and trying to convey information.

When the Hon. Head of our Cluster Johe, Shri J.S. Mhatre Sir observed my students, he appreciated the standardized writing of the students, he encouraged and guided the students.

Now my students' boredom about English subject has diminished and intimacy has increased. As their self-confidence increases, they voluntarily participate in the activities and their continuous process of learning, writing and speaking English will continue.





Smt. Megha Kishor Londhe
Primary Teacher
Zillha Parishad School - Dadar,
Cluster- Johe, Tal. - Pen, Dist. - Raigad
Contact: - 8308096274


कोणत्याही टिप्पण्‍या नाहीत:

टिप्पणी पोस्ट करा

Please do not enter any spam link in the comment box.